- A “Client” is all persons named on the booking form intending to travel with Istanbul Sightseeings.
- A “Product” is any service sold by Sultanahmet Tourism Co. Ltd. referred as “Istanbul Sightseeings”.
- All clients will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted all Booking Conditions.
- To confirm a booking Istanbul Sightseeings requires that the agent has taken full payment of all monies due. A contract between the Client and Istanbul Sightseeings comes into existence when Istanbul Sightseeings has confirmed the booking in writing and issued a Confirmation. The person signing the booking form (that incorporates these terms and conditions) warrants that s/he has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and understand these terms and conditions. The said contract, including all matters rising from it, is subject to Turkish law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts. No employees or representatives of Istanbul Sightseeings has any right to alter, vary or waive any of these terms and conditions, nor to undertake any liability whatsoever on behalf of Istanbul Sightseeings, unless such be in writing and signed by the Director of Istanbul Sightseeings. Istanbul Sightseeings reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion without further explanation.
- Amendments and Cancellations by Clients
1. Clients can cancel at any time. The cancellation will be effective as at the time that Istanbul Sightseeingsreceives a written request from the Agent or from direct bookings from the Client, and the following cancellation charges will apply.
a ) More than 19 days prior to departure – 10 % of the product cost or € 60, whichever is higher.
b ) 19 days to 48 hours prior to departure – 35 % of the product cost or € 60, whichever is higher.
c ) Less than 48 hours prior to departure – 90 % of the product cost or € 60, whichever is higher.
d ) No refund is given for a partially used Product.
2. After the booking has been confirmed, proposed amendments must be written by “the Lead Client” and will incur and administration fee of equivalent to € 45 except for the first change that will incur no fee or as otherwise agreed. No requested change can be guaranteed.
3. If any number of the party is prevented from traveling because of death, injury or serious illness of the client, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person or departure date or tour of similar standard and cost provided that written notice is confirmed byIstanbul Sightseeings 4. If a refund is payable by Istanbul Sightseeings to the Client, the refund amount will be calculated according to the conditions set out in Section 2.1 and with consideration of evidence of exceptional circumstances. All bank fees incurred from processing/transferring the credited amount to the Client will be the responsibility of the Client.
- Information and Pricing Policy
1. Before a booking is confirmed, Istanbul Sightseeings reserves the right to amend brochure prices due to any circumstances outside the control of Istanbul Sightseeings such as but not limited to changes relating to governmental action, increases in transportation costs (including schedule airfares and the cost of fuel) changes in any dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services (including landing taxes or embarkation/disembarkation fees at airports), increases in admission fees and exchange rates.
2. Bank transfers are accepted as the full amount payable as published. Istanbul Sightseeings only accepts Credit Card payments in Turkish Lira, Euro and US Dollar. Generally, the amount is paid in Euro currency. The full amount payable in Euro is calculated by taking the daily buying exchange rate on the date of sale multiplied by the full amount published and payable. The said exchange rate can be found at www.tcmb.gov.tr . Your bank will use their exchange rate when charging your Credit Card for the amount of Euro that was withdrawn byIstanbul Sightseeings. Istanbul Sightseeings accepts no responsibility for variations in the final transaction amount due to fees and exchange rates used by banking institutions.
3. Product information is published by Istanbul Sightseeings in good faith and Istanbul Sightseeings will use its best endeavors to operate all products as advertised. Istanbul Sightseeings reserves the right to change any of the facilities and services described in its publications and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment resulting from any change.
- Cancellation by Istanbul Sightseeings
1. All Istanbul Sightseeings products are subject to a minimum of participants except for Guaranteed Departure Products listed in Clause 16.
2. Istanbul Sightseeings reserves the right to cancel any confirmed booking in any circumstances, however, Istanbul Sightseeings will not cancel a “Guaranteed Departure Product” except in the unusual circumstances of force major, defined here as war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, flight cancellation or any other external circumstances beyond the control of Istanbul Sightseeings. Compensation is not available if Istanbul Sightseeings is forced to cancel or in any way change a tour due to force major but where Istanbul Sightseeings is unable to provide the tour booked,Istanbul Sightseeings will return to the Client all monies paid to Istanbul Sightseeings (less any insurance premiums paid) or offer an alternative date or holiday of comparable standard.
- Tour Meeting Point
Clients are fully responsible for transportation to and from the “Tour Meeting Points” are as set out in the relevant brochures, website or as advised by Istanbul Sightseeings staff.
- Liability of Istanbul Sightseeings
1. Istanbul Sightseeings Products and in particular, adventure activities, contain an element of risk to the personal safety of the Client that other package holidays may not contain. By accepting these Booking Conditions, Clients are aware of the risks inherent in their chosen travel and Clients undertake such risks at their own volition. Istanbul Sightseeings accepts no liability of Client’s damages where Istanbul Sightseeingshas fulfilled it Duty of Care to Clients by providing Products of a reasonable Standard. Istanbul Sightseeingsaccepts no liability if there has been no fault on the part of Istanbul Sightseeings or its’ suppliers, and the reason for the claimed damages was either the Client’s fault or a result of unusual circumstances beyond the control of Istanbul Sightseeings by force major or otherwise and the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with all due care.
2. In respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, Istanbul Sightseeings liability in the said cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international conventions.
3. Istanbul Sightseeings accepts no liability if additional costs to the Client are incurred through delay, accident or disruption of the Product(s) beyond the control of Istanbul Sightseeings by force major or otherwise.
- Travel Documentation
It is the responsibility of the Clients to be possession of a valid passport, via permits, vaccinations, preventative medicines and other medical certificates and all necessary travel documents. Istanbul Sightseeings is not liable for damage arising from changes in regulations or laws to the necessary travel document requirements. Information about these matters is given in good faith by Istanbul Sightseeings but without liability.
- Health and Conduct
Prior to booking, all Clients are excepted to satisfy themselves that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in the brochure. Any Clients with pre-existing medical conditions or illness must declare the true nature of such conditions at the time of booking, and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which maybe required during the tour. Such a Client is required to provide a medical statement from a General Practitioner to confirm they are fit to travel. Failure to make any such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and relieve Istanbul Sightseeingsfrom any obligations and liability.
- Client Exclusion and Local Law
Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Istanbul Sightseeings employees and its supplier’s employees and representatives whilst on tour. If in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of aClient before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without prior notice or any liability on the part of Istanbul Sightseeings. In the case of Client ill health, Istanbul Sightseeings may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client. Passengers agree to comply with the laws and regulations of the countries they travel. Istanbul Sightseeings shall not be liable to any Clients who commit illegal or unlawful acts whilst on tour.
Our authorized representatives may take photographs and films of our Clients while using any Istanbul Sightseeings Product. Istanbul Sightseeings reserves the right to use said material for any advertising or promotion without obtaining further consent. Istanbul Sightseeings also reserves the right to use any commentsClients make, questionnaires or complimentary letters with respect to Istanbul Sightseeings or its Products in promotional literature without obtaining further consent.
If the Clients have a complaint about any of the Product arrangements the Client must raise the complaint immediately with a Istanbul Sightseeings employee so that Istanbul Sightseeings can use its best endeavors to rectify the problem. Istanbul Sightseeings can not rectify a problem it’s unaware of. Failure to complain on the spot will extinguish or at least reduce Istanbul Sightseeings liability to pay compensation. Should Istanbul Sightseeings be unable to resolve the problem on the spot a complaint must be made in writing within 28 days of completion of the product.
1. Organized tour accommodations are based on twin/double/triple share accommodation.
2. For pre and post tour accommodations the entire room will be reserved for the Client. We can not arrange pre and post tour accommodations for single travelers – single supplement is required.
3. Istanbul Sightseeings will make every effort to accommodate people traveling together in their requested room type, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Child Discount Rates
1. Children receive discounts on Turkey Tour products and the following rates will apply:
a) 0 years to 3 years of age : Free of charge.
b) 3 years to 8 years of age : 30 % discount.
2. Children receive discounts on Gullet cruises and the following rates will apply:
a) 0 years to 3 years of age : Free of charge.
3. Applicable discounts on any tour product will only be applied prior to booking confirmation by Istanbul Sightseeings
- Airport transfers
1. Airport transfers where included in the tour are available on day 1(one) for inbound transfers and the final day of tour for outbound transfers as per the tour itinerary.
2. Airport transfers where included in the tour are available for all flights from Istanbul Ataturk International Airport (IST) and for Turkish Airlines and EasyJet arrivals from Luton Airport to Sabiha Gokcen Airport only. A surcharge will apply for all other transfers whether included in the tour cost or purchased separately.
3. Full flight details including arrival time and flight number must be provided a minimum of 48 hrs prior to arrival. Failure to provide full and correct details will void transfer entitlement.
4. Airport transfers are only available to and from tour hotels as specified by Istanbul Sightseeings or for transfers purchased independently to and from hotels in Sirkeci / Sultanahmet / Aksaray / Taksim areas. A surcharge will apply for all other locations whether included in the tour cost or purchased separately.
- Guaranteed Departure Products
Guaranteed Departure Products are guaranteed to depart on the dates advertised in the brochure except where beyond the control of Istanbul Sightseeings by force major and include all tours within the brochure and on the website with the exception of products detailed.
- Minimum Number Products
1. Minimum number products are all Products that are not listed a Guaranteed Departure Products on Istanbul Sightseeings website.
2. In the event that a minimum number product fails to secure sufficient bookings on any departure date,Istanbul Sightseeings will inform the Client or Client’s Agent. In such a case the Client will be given the option of changing to an alternative date or Product of comparable value or upgrading to another tour or a refund of all monies paid. In this case, Istanbul Sightseeings will use their best endeavors to find a suitable alternative.
- Maximum Number Products
Maximum Number Products include all tours with a Gullet cruises. A maximum limit of 20 passengers is set for these tours and maximum gullet numbers vary according to available cabin space. This limit may be changed atIstanbul Sightseeings discretion without notice. Bookings will be closed and not be accepted after this limit is reached.
- Gullet Cruises
1. Sail Away and Enchanting Blue only:
a) Availability must be confirmed with Istanbul Sightseeings in writing prior to acceptance of any booking.
b) The departure date of a gullet cruise may not be changed within 2 weeks of departure.
2. Gullet cruises other than Sail Away and Enchanting Blue only:
a) The departure date of a gullet cruise may not be changed within 72 hours of departure.
3. On all gullet cruises, single travelers must pay single supplement. Twin share is not available on Gullet cruises unless otherwise stated.
- Fuel Levy
Turista Travel reserves the right to impose e fuel levy on new bookings should the price of diesel in turkey rise above 3.45 TL per liter.
Revised on January 10, 2013 ©2013 Sultanahmet Tourism Co. Ltd. All rights reserved.